"Intoxication, the champagne fragrance that whispers 'Someone lovely has just passed by' wearing Intoxication".
So what does it smell like? It is classified as a floral chypre fragrance for women with a delicious mingle of roses, lavender, lily of the valley, jasmine and spices.
- Top notes: bergamot, lemon, mandarin orange
- Middle notes: lily of the valley, lavender, jasmine, rose, orange blossom, ylang ylang, nutmeg
- Base notes: amber, oakmoss, vanilla, benzoin, tonka bean, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, musk, styrax
"..it goes to your heart...Intoxication..the pulse stirring perfume by D'Orsay".
"Parfum D'Orsay's Intoxication perfume and toilet water, perfume from $5.50 to $35."
Bottles:The bottle for Intoxication was manufactured by Verreries Brosse.
c1963 ad showing Intoxication Cologne Mist, Eau de Toilette, Perfume and sets.
Fate of the Fragrance:
Discontinued, date unknown.
In 2006, it was revived by D'Orsay. This newly reformulated version was sold in upscale stores such a Bergdorf Goodman, Printemps, Takashimaya and Franck & Fils. The fragrance is sold in a 1.7 oz crystal spray flacon that looks nearly identical to the original bottle. The concentration is eau de parfum.
- Top notes: aldehydes, bergamot, lemon, mandarin
- Middle notes: rose, orange blossom, jasmine, lily of the valley, ylang-ylang, nutmeg
- Base notes: vetiver, patchouli vanilla, sandalwood, tonka bean, musk, benzoin